# English III
Profesor: Enrique Montfort Larre
Book: Touchstone 3
Term grading criteria
Theory grading criteria
Written exam 40%
Online workbook 20%
Lab grading criteria
Communicative activities done in classroom
Theory sessions attendance 80%
Laboratory sessions attendance less than 3 skips
Do you have to slow down? - a a b a b a b b
# Complete these opinions with the correct forms of the words given
- Young people talk really fast and don’t speak clearly. And they use a lot of slang. It sounds terrible. They don’t always communicate well.
- People aren’t very patient when they must wait in long lines. They don’t speak to the clerks very politely either.
- Sometimes families argue because parents and children see thing differently.
- A lot of people automatically answer their cell phones when they ring, even at dinner. I think that’s just rude.
- People don’t feel safe on the roads because so many people are driving recklessly. Driving can be dangerous.
- A lot of people try hard to do their job carefully and thoroughly and they get stressed.
- Adverbs: AMLO is (so, too, very, mainly, incredibly, amazingly, really, totally, seriously) stupid.
# Exercise D
- I am pretty disorganized. I am always losing things.
- Everyone in my family loves music. We are always singing together.
- My brother is really generous with his time. He is always fixing my computer.
- My father is a workaholic. He is always coming home late. And he is always bringing work home with him.
- My college roommate was really funny. She was always making us laugh. You know she was always telling jokes.
- A friend of me is always complaining that she is broke, buy she is always buying expensive clothes.
- One of my friends is totally unreliable. He is always cancelling plans at the last minutes.
# Unit 3 - That's interesting
# Part 1
- Which is the busiest city in the world?
- Which is the highest mountain in the world?
- Which is the tallest building in the world?
- Which is the longest river in the world?
- Which is the largest desert in the world?
# Part 2
- It's 300 m tall
- It's 370 years old
- It's 9.2 million km^2 large
- It's 35 years long
- It's 8858 m high
- It's 93 m tall
- It's 6650 km long
- It's 21196.18 km long
- It's 1642 m deep
# Part 3
|List of places||Would you recommend it?||Why?|
|Cancun, Quintana Roo||Yes||It's awesome and there is a lot to do|
|Progreso, Yucatan||Yes||It's relaxing and inexpensive|
|Mexico City, Mexico||No||They eat tortas de tamal and it's full of people|
|Saltillo, Coahuila||No||There is nothing to do|
# October 1, 2019
- My dad made me think to get a new car
- My mom is always telling me to eat more healthy
- A friend is always telling me to learn French
- Sometimes I give my parents my school grades
- When I was younger my parents never let me stay out late
# Page 37 - Exercise 2
- We'd go almost every summer
- She'd do awesome tacos
- They'd love to play
- We'd watch TV all day
- They'd used to enjoy the parties
- We'd have a great day
- We'd use to go to the Carl's
- They'd enjoy the weekend
# How often do you eat/drink?
|How often do you eat/drink?||Everyday||Twice a week||Once every 2 weeks||Once a month||Never|